1997 Grammy Award Winner | Best New Age Album
Oracle signified a return to acoustic performance, but the record was the last to be issued during Michael Hedges' own lifetime.
Availability: In stock.
|MP3 Album Price:||
|Out of stock.|
1996's Oracle signified a return to acoustic performance, but the record was the last to be issued during Hedges' own lifetime. It also features cover of songs by The Beatles, Frank Zappa, and Henry Mancini. Winner of 1997 GRAMMY® Award for Best New Age Album. The album spent 26 weeks on the Billboard Top New Age Albums chart.
"...as fans would expect, this offering is consistent in its quality, and rare in its musical commitment."
- Vincent Jeffries (All Music Guide)
Michael Hedges is one of the most revered guitarists of our time...
- "There was simply no one like him" - Bonnie Raitt
- "...one of the most brilliant musicians in America" - David Crosby
- "Michael Hedges' music is old and new, delicate and powerful. I feel I can always hear his heart when he plays." - Pete Townshend
- "Once in a blue moon, an artist comes along who totally redefines his or her musical territory. Such an artist was Michael Hedges." - Graham Nash
- "The first time I heard him play, I was stunned into silence." - Steve Vai
We are sorry but we can not offer digital copies of the Windham Hill Records catalog at this time. Please enjoy 30 second samples from the album listed below!