Windham Hill Records
Michael Hedges - Oracle
|CD||$ 5.00||Add to Cart|
1997 Grammy Award Winner | Best New Age Album
Oracle signified a return to acoustic performance, but the record was the last to be issued during Michael Hedges' own lifetime.
1996's Oracle signified a return to acoustic performance, but the record was the last to be issued during Hedges' own lifetime. It also features cover of songs by The Beatles, Frank Zappa, and Henry Mancini. Winner of 1997 GRAMMY® Award for Best New Age Album. The album spent 26 weeks on the Billboard Top New Age Albums chart.
"...as fans would expect, this offering is consistent in its quality, and rare in its musical commitment."
- Vincent Jeffries (All Music Guide)
Michael Hedges is one of the most revered guitarists of our time...
- "There was simply no one like him" - Bonnie Raitt
- "...one of the most brilliant musicians in America" - David Crosby
- "Michael Hedges' music is old and new, delicate and powerful. I feel I can always hear his heart when he plays." - Pete Townshend
- "Once in a blue moon, an artist comes along who totally redefines his or her musical territory. Such an artist was Michael Hedges." - Graham Nash
- "The first time I heard him play, I was stunned into silence." - Steve Vai
1. The 2nd Law 3:07
2. Ignition 3:28
3. Baal T'shuva 2:10
4. Dirge 3:29
5. Jitterboogie 2:37
6. Oracle 4:08
7. Gospel 2:22
8. Tomorrow Never Knows 4:01
9. Theme From HATARI! 3:19
10. Aura Müünta 2:58
11. Jitterboogie (Family Version) 2:09
12. Sofa No. 1 2:42
13. When I Was 4 3:50
14. What Child Is This? 3:08
Produced by Michael Hedges
Engineered by Rob Griffin and Michael Hedges
Mastered by Bernie Grundman
Coordinated by Hillary Burges.
Michael Manring plays fretless bass on "Ignition"
"Dirge", "Gospel" and "Tomorrow Never Knows
Michael Hedges plays everything else.