Celtic Woman 4
This 2010 edition of the Celtic Woman series continues the legacy of its predecessors by featuring some of the best Celtic songs by singer-songwriters whose work is not well known in the U.S. Includes Karen Matheson (of Capercaillie), Julie Fowlis, Dolores Keane, Maeve Mackinnon and more!
Availability: In stock.
Celtic Woman 4 contains songs, both original and traditional, from CDs released in Ireland, Scotland, and England. These songs represent some of the best from each of these accomplished artists:
- Karen Matheson, awarded an OBE in 2006, is best known as the lead singer of Capercaillie. Sean Connery has said "Karen Matheson has a throat that is surely touched by God".
- Julie Fowlis has won numerous awards including Folk Singer of the Year at the 2008 BBC Radio 2 Awards as well as Album of the Year and Gaelic Singer of the Year at the 2008 Scots Trad Music Awards.
- Dolores Keane, known as the "Voice of Ireland", was the first vocalist of Irish folk music group De Dannan.
- Scottish folk singer Maeve Mackinnon won 2007 Scots Trad Music Awards' Up and Coming Artist of the Year.
- Kate Rusby is one of the few folk singers to have been nominated for the Mercury Prize and has won Folk Singer of the Year, Best Album, Best Original Song, and Best Live Act from BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards.
- Back of the Moon was awarded Best Folk Band at the 2005 Scots Trad Music Awards.
- Emily Smith won Scots Singer of the Year from the 2008 Scots Trad Music Awards.
- Gaelic singer Catriona Watt won Young Traditional Musician of the Year in 2007 from BBC Radio Scotland.
Available digitally only as full album.